View the FMI2012 Education Program details by day to get a taste of what you can expect at FMI2014.
Stay tuned for the FMI2014 education program that will arrive in your email, mail box and this webpage.
The education program at FMI2014 is a must-attend opportunity. First-rate speakers in workshops and general business sessions will present strategic and tactical solutions to retailers, wholesalers and suppliers to foster growth and profitability in today’s challenging and highly competitive marketplace. Use the My Show Planner application to customize your show experience, by allowing you to keep track of exhibitors you want to visit at the show as well as organize sessions and appointments.
Future Connect Leadership Development
No matter your position in your organization, everyone has a chance – and a need – to lead. Immerse yourself in the leadership skills and knowledge you need in order to contribute more effectively as a member of your management team.
- How to Lead in Today’s Troubled Economy
- 21st Century Leadership: Skills for a Changing Industry
- Connecting with Others: Improving Associate Engagement though Inclusion
- How to Build a Front-Line that will Build Your Bottom Line
- Women in Leadership: Driving Future Success
The unique needs of smaller, independent operators will be addressed in a series of education workshops designed specifically for these participants. Get insights to help build sales, enhance your market position and compete effectively in the marketplace.
- 2012 Store Manager Survey: What Drives Store Managers to Succeed
- The Growing Impact of Local
- Taking Your Shopper Contact Strategy to the Next Level
- How to Increase Sales Per Customer
- Making Marketing Dollars Work More Efficiently
Private Brands Summit
Those interested in private brands have a unique opportunity to attend any/all of the Private Brands Summit program as part of their FMI 2012 registration. Join the leaders in our industry to discover new opportunities in Private Brand development and food retailing. Gather information about consumer trends, the latest marketing and merchandising best practices and how partnerships with trading partners and a collaborative culture can take your Brands to the next level. Discover how to leverage these insights to build your Private Brands Strategy.
- The State of Private Brands: A Wall Street Perspective
- A View of Private Brands from Both Sides
- To Compare or Not to Compare, That is the Question
- Building Strong Retail Brands through Multi-Faceted Collaboration
- Lead the Way! Authenticity, Risk and Experimentation
- Change Your Thinking! Develop a Culture of Service and Innovation
Industry Trends and Operational Opportunities
Learn how to fully connect with your customers through a better understanding of new product trends, product sourcing options, innovative store formats, and more. Gain knowledge to offer a diversified product assortment and store layout that will appeal to the diversity of your customers.
- Strategies and Guidelines for Sourcing More Sustainable Products
- Supplier Diversity Training
- New Product Trends
- Food Trends 2012: Consumers’ Evolving Consumption Occasions
- Understanding In-Store Shopping Patterns
Innovations in Retailing
From center store to supply chain to in-store execution, what are the latest innovations and what’s next? What can we learn from other sectors of retailing? Get insights and best practices to enhance sales and better meet consumer needs.
- Re-energizing the Center Store
- Leveraging the Front-End
- From Amazon to Zipcar: Innovations from the E-Revolution
- Trading Partner Success Stories: In Store Innovation and Execution
- Store Format Innovations from Around the World
- Advertising Innovations
Driving improved business results through enabling technologies is crucial to grow top-line sales, reduce expenses, and improve organizational effectiveness. It’s also becoming more critical – and complicated – for communicating with the customer. Get insights and practical applications for a variety of technology-driven business solutions.
- The Checkout Continuum
- Personalization of the Shopping Experience
- The Future of Payments
- Cloud Computing: BYOIT
- Technology-Enabling Operational Excellence
Know Your Customer
Success in the supermarket business is driven by a relentless focus on understanding and catering to the customer. Learn how to better connect with your customers in several strategically focused workshops, from general consumer trends to shopper diversity to health and wellness. Find out how important sustainability is to buying decisions, how consumers shop the store and the ways that lingering economic stresses are impacting our customers.
- What’s for Breakfast? Capitalizing on Occasion-Based Marketing
- The Latest Consumer Trends in Sustainability: What are the Opportunities?
- Where and How are Consumers Shopping?
- Health and Wellness: Leveraging an Evolving Market Opportunity
- Meeting the Needs of our Diverse Customers